Calling all North American Indigenous student musicians and songwriters! We are now accepting song submissions which will be considered for our North American Indigenous Music Project. The submission deadline is January 15, 2022. Once a song is selected, we will put out a call to student musicians to audition for the project. For more information, please visit our project web page.
“Living and Dying With COVID-19: The Maryland Stories” Goes Live!
Per our recent Press Release, “The Global Z Recording Project is pleased to announce that it has launched a project of historic importance to all Marylanders titled, ‘Living and Dying With COVID-19: The Maryland Stories.” We have partnered with 15 libraries across the state of Maryland. With funding provided by Maryland Humanities, we purchased, tested, installed, delivered, and trained library staff on the use of audio production equipment. Marylanders may visit participating libraries and record personal stories of how COVID-19 has impacted and continues to impact their lives. Their voices and stories will become part of the Enoch Pratt Free Library’s Digital Maryland and Maryland State Archives collections where they will be available to benefit all of mankind. In addition, feature stories will be distributed with the assistance of National Public Radio flagship station, WYPR. Special thanks to our pilot partner, the wonderful staff at Urbana Regional Library.
- Caroline County Public Library – Central Branch Denton
- Dorchester County Public Library – Cambridge Branch
- Frederick County – C. Burr Artz Library
- Frederick County – Urbana Regional Library (pilot partner)
- Garrett County – The Ruth Enlow Library
- Howard County Library – Glenwood Branch
- Montgomery County Public Libraries – Aspen Hill Library
- Montgomery County Public Libraries – Davis Library
- Queen Anne’s County Library – Centreville Branch
- Somerset County – Princess Anne Library
- St. Mary’s County Library
- Talbot County Free Library – Main Library
- Washington County Free Library – Central Branch
- Wicomico Public Library – Pittsville
- Worcester County Library – Ocean City